So I intended to start this blog a couple months ago and felt overwhelmed. I originally envisioned writing about technology in general but couldn’t concentrate enough on that gigantic topic. Then I thought I would start writing on PHP programming until I realized that was a little too narrow. After a Blogging FAIL, I’ve prepared some notes for other bloggers so they know how to start a blog:
- Don’t choose a topic that is too broad (technology)
- Don’t choose a topic that is too narrow (php programming)
- Don’t procrastinate or put it on the back burner (wait 4 months to post)
- Don’t start without at least 10 posts already written. This provides cover for days when you have no ideas but want to keep the momentum going.
- Don’t care at first that you get no comments or nobody is reading what you are writing. Think of it as a journal until it isn’t.